Details of the 2010 Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards Season including the shortlists for the Crime Writer’s Association (CWA) Daggers were announced today at Harrogate Crime Writing Festival.
A six-week season of documentaries on ITV3 will showcase the CWA shortlisted books and twelve celebrated fictional television detectives will be profiled in a six-part series The People’s Detective.
The People’s Detective Dagger will be voted for by the public and the award will be presented at the The Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards.ceremony at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel on Friday, 8th October (transmitted on ITV3 on Tuesday,12th October).
‘Drawing extensively on archive from ITV’s impressive crime thriller back catalogue, each profile show will feature two of the nation’s best-loved TV detectives. The series examines the detectives’ quirks and foibles, meets their sidekicks, re-visits their most challenging cases and re-lives their greatest triumphs, in addition to revealing behind-the-scenes stories and anecdotes. Linking these memorable on-screen moments, will be newly filmed interviews with the stars of the nation’s favourite crime thriller dramas, the creators of TV’s biggest screen sleuths, and their famous fans…’
The People’s Detective on ITV3
- Inspector Morse/Touch of Frost (Tues 31st Aug/Thurs 2nd Sept/Mon 6th Sept)
- Marple/Prime Suspect (Tues 7th Sept/Thurs 9th Sept/Mon 13th Sept)
- Wycliffe/Midsomer Murders (Tues 14th Sept/Thurs 16th Sept/Mon 20th Sept)
- Rebus/Lewis (Tues 21st Sept/Thurs 23rd Sept/Mon 27th Sept)
- Inspector Wexford/Foyle’s War (Tues 28th Sept/Thurs 30th Sept/Mon 4th Oct)
- Sherlock Holmes/Poirot (Tues 5th Oct/Wed 6th Oct/Thurs 7th Oct)
The 2010 Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards Season is produced by Cactus TV for ITV3.